A 7-week fully guided, online meditation basics programme.
Simple, powerful techniques that allow your body and mind to relax.
Learn a step-by-step meditation routine with me.
Use it to unwind when you’re stressed and tense.
Boost your energy and your sense of ‘aahhh that feels nice!
Let’s talk about who this programme is really for…
You’re desperate to unwind. You keep thinking you ought to allow time to relax and restore yourself, but somehow it never seems to happen (even when you have some time off).
You’ve been thinking about meditating as a way of helping yourself cope better with the here and now.
You want to recover from injury, an operation or just having been through a really difficult time. Maybe future-proofing yourself is on your mind too. So you can cope better with whatever is coming at you in the future…
Find you can’t let go enough to relax (it’s easier said than done)
Wisdom-Mind Foundations Meditation uses a step-by-step method that allows your muscles and mind to let go of tension. Meditation that creates a relaxed space in your body and your soul. A space which allows you to ‘let go’, to feel calm, peaceful and ‘at home’ with yourself.
Get stressed about relaxing (you feel like you’ve got to earn the time first)
Never switching off is the fast track to high levels of stress, anxiety and depression (a.k.a low mood or low motivation). Consider your meditation time as essential preventative or restorative mental health medicine. This is important for your current and future wellbeing AND because your health and happiness has a powerfully positive impact on the wellbeing of your family.
Think you don’t have the time
The demands of life are never ending, so why not step out of the ‘always-on-the-go hamster wheel’ and give yourself a breather. With meditation, you can slow life down to a walking pace, and still achieve your plans. Change your feelings from the non-stop pressure to be busy and instead, feel a sense of satisfaction and contentment with yourself and what you’ve achieved.
Know it’s time to listen to your body and do the right things to care for it.
What it needs (what YOU need), is down-time, healing time. Self-care on a routine basis and no questions asked. After all you’ve only got one body and mind … and you want them in good running order for as long as possible.
If you’re saying YES to one (or more) of the above, you’re in the right place. Read on to learn exactly how this training course will give you the tools, inspiration and unparalleled support on your journey to living your best life.
By the end of the Wisdom-Mind Foundations programme, you’ll have:
• Settled on a time and a place for your meditation, comfortably fitting it in 4-6x per week. You don’t need to build yourself a shrine to get started, you’ll just need a chair and a quiet space.
• The ability to comfortably sit still, feel peaceful and calm, having got to know the straightforward relaxation routine integral to all the meditations.
• The ability to drop into a state of quietness and ease. As grounding, centring and focusing flows more easily, you’ll discover feeling mentally and emotionally stable follows on close behind.
Experimented with using a meditation journal as a method of dumping rubbish out of your head and reflecting on how you want to think, feel and act. The journal also acts as a reminder to put those aspirations into action.
Hi, I’m Annya Stoddart, your teacher.😊
One part of this course my students have loved is taking a peek behind the scenes at how I’ve applied these mindfulness and meditation principles to improve my relationships, look after myself better and keep sane as I’ve run a business for well over a decade!
I’m also fully qualified as a Teacher, as a Yoga Teacher and a Fitness Instructor as well as an Acupuncturist. I’ve put all these skills into the course to make it as easy and effective for you as I can. I think you’ll love it!
Annya inspired me to take up meditation, she makes it so clear and simple!
Before I took her course, I struggled to meditate, because I thought you had to have a completely clear and focused mind to even get started. I just couldn’t achieve that!
Annya reassured me it wasn’t necessary to clear your mind before you start meditating.
Instead, I learnt to use mindfulness techniques to dampen down and switch off the head noise of my life.
Not only that, the programme included incredibly helpful tips to get you back on track when stress was doing its best to drag you off it.
I highly recommend the Wisdom-Mind programme if you want to make meditation work for you in your life!
Student Success Stories
“I needed to clear my head and improve my energy after menopausal hormone changes”
The flushes, head-fog and tiredness meant I was letting things go; eating too much or not at all, plus erratic changes in my sleeping routine. In my first week on Wisdom-Mind I kept falling asleep within 2 minutes as Annya’s voice was very calming and her meditations were almost too relaxing!
I think it was a month or so later when I realised, I didn’t have a foggy head anymore and my energy was much better.
Overall, I’d say the course makes you sit on your butt and take time out from this crazy world. It gives you time to switch off, tune into yourself and find out what you need. To be more focused and not stressed. It’s been really beneficial and I’d say very much worth spending the time to do it.
My advice would be to do this course; “it does what it says on the tin”!
“I had to develop coping strategies and keep lifting my spirits. Sleeping better was another thing on my list that I wanted meditation to help with”
As my dad got older, he just got more and more difficult. He didn’t like:
· Taking his medication.
· Any of the food put in front of him.
· And he expected me to rush round to see him at the drop of a hat.
I woke up each morning dreading the day ahead because of the unrelenting pressure I was under.
This meant one of the best bits at the beginning of the training course were the relaxation meditations. They gave me huge relief! It was so nice to know at the end of the day I had a routine for relaxing my tight, achy neck and knotty shoulders and the mental unwinding of tension helped me sleep better too.
Another ‘best bit’ of ‘Wisdom-Mind’ came towards the end. I never thought this could happen, but I found more often than not I was less overwhelmed and angry with Dad. Mentally, I was able to switch from grumbling and grinding my teeth about ‘demanding dad’ and instead smile inwardly and more patiently at ‘my worn out, old dad’.
Annya’s course gave me lots of food for thought and it was so enjoyable 😊 I’d recommend it because it’s useful whatever age you are; to change the direction, to live the life you want or to help you become the person you want to be.
“Before meditating, I was feeling anxious much of the time and having sudden, unexpected reactions to things. These reactions have calmed down hugely”
I enjoyed the course, found it very interesting and feel that I have gradually learned to meditate, and have, most of the time, stopped my thoughts from interfering with meditation sessions.
I’ve also found I have greater clarity of thought for most of the time, and now have a strategy to use to enable me to notice my mind overdoing it, then to calm my thoughts down and become much more focused on what is happening in the moment.
Distraction is usually not as bad as it was. I have used my meditation practice to help me calm down for sleep and can use it to deal with some of the problematic things life throws up now and then.
Annya is a very positive, centred individual who has put lots of ideas, suggestions and creative thought into the course content and her ongoing support and advice for me have been ideal. Because of the way she approaches queries and puzzles, I have been encouraged to work out the reasons I have certain difficulties and can apply this to other aspects of living.
I send you heartfelt thanks Annya, for assisting me during a time when my thoughts were getting out of control. I feel so much more relaxed nowadays, accepting things as they are, and enjoying life’s varied moments with awareness.
I would definitely say to anyone who is unsure, to go ahead and do this course and wake yourself up to life!
“Even though my meditation practice isn't daily, the meditation bitesize tools and teachings Annya has shared, help me find a balance in day-to-day life and stop me ‘firing from the hip’ as often”
When I’ve been in difficult situations or dealing with difficult people, I pay much more attention to my mindset and notice if I’m ‘watering and feeding negative thoughts’ or asking myself “am I jumping to conclusions without considering the alternatives first?”. If the answer is ‘yes’, I’m better at standing back and being more dispassionate and that’s made for life being much easier and my judgement being better!
The Wisdom-Mind course has been easy to follow and logical, the tone, pace and content are good, the delivery appealing and sincere. I have meditated before, but doing this course has reawakened my practice and I find my meditation experience is rewarding, uplifting and enlightening. I quickly and effortlessly slip into meditation mode which is a great space to wind down and focus on the important things in my life.
What’s inside the Foundations programme…
Module 1 – Easing into meditation.
You’ll start meditating using a combination of movement and stillness that makes it easier to slow down a racing mind. You’ll be able to sit still in comfort and ease 😊
By the end of this module, you’ll know how to give your mind the right environment to calm down in and you’ll no longer struggle to find the right time and place to do it, so having a regular meditation habit will be a doddle.
Module 2 – Cultivating relaxation.
Building on Meditation Module 1, you’ll learn the next in the series of three relaxation meditations. You’ll be easing the tight, stiff, or sore muscles that go with having an over-busy brain and helping your thoughts take the next steps in slowing down.
By the end of this module, you’ll have identified how important meditation is to your sense of well-being and just how delicious feeling relaxed is. You’ll be able to use this knowledge to combat distractions like you’re To-Do-List and other peoples’ priorities that want to seduce you away from sticking with your regular meditation sessions.
Module 3 – Letting go of mental rubbish. How to switch off fight, flight or freeze. Feel calmer, more in control instead.
Body tension and brain tension go together so you’ll be learning how to unwind these with the third relaxation focused meditation. You’ll be moving onto a different part of your body that will love this and your mind will say “mmm mmm, that’s nice” in response.
By the end of this module, making use of a quick and simple meditation journal and guided by the prompts and ideas suggested by me, you’ll start dumping rubbish thoughts and training your body to switch off ‘fight, flight or freeze’ mode. You’ll sense you have opportunities to stay calmer for longer and with that comes the feeling of being in control.
Module 4. The Foundations of Mindfulness
You’ll learn a simple set of mindfulness techniques to use within your meditation. These make the daily journey towards peace and contentment easier to achieve.
By the end of these module, you’ll have trained your mindfulness to help you stay focused for longer within your meditation. Your concentration will improve and that in itself reduces the number of thoughts coming through and makes it easier to calm your mind.
When you enrol on the Foundations Programme you’ll receive:
- Four implementation modules showing everything you need to meditate confidently. Using a video-based training format, you’ll have the flexibility to watch at a time and place that suits you.
- Quick access audio versions of the meditations. Once you’ve seen what to do on the training videos, downloading the audios means you’ll enjoy an easy-to-follow reminder of how to do each meditation.
- A complete step-by-step guide to using relaxation-focused meditations (but no chanting). Including the use of ‘Calm the Mind’ acupressure points, they’re designed to reduce stress, anxiety and to calm down overwhelming, unwanted thoughts.
- Easy, incremental skills development. Each lesson builds on the one before so you grow your abilities by degrees, with plenty of time to feel like you’ve comfortably ‘got it’ before you move on.
By the end of this programme, you’ll have trained your body and mind in how to relax using meditation and have a step-by-step routine to follow when you want to de-stress, boost your energy and have the ‘ahh that feels nice’ feeling.
Plus, these bonuses help you generate unstoppable momentum in your quest to have meditation at your finger tips, so you experience calmness and peace more easily (and more often).
Bonus 01 – Weekly emails that remind you what to focus on (including doing your meditations)! These emails will be in your inbox every Monday morning throughout the programme. Press ‘reply’ to any email to ask me questions or to give me feedback.
Bonus 02 – One live Group Coaching session via Zoom.
- Time to share your progress, chat with other people doing what you’re doing and top up your motivation tank.
- Time for me to deepen your understanding of your experiences and what they mean.
- A recording will be available if you can’t attend in person and I’ll email you a round-up of points raised, answers given, actions to do or reflections to think about afterwards.
Plus, you’ll be backed by a risk-free 14-day guarantee.
Wisdom-Mind Foundations is a step-by-step, no woo-woo, guided meditation programme for people who want to take their mental health and wellbeing into their own hands.
By the end of these 14 days, you’ll have received access to the first two modules. I’m confident that as long as you follow the step-by-step programme, you’ll:
- Have worked out when, where and how meditation fits into your life.
- Be crystal clear why it’s important to you and what transformation you want to achieve for yourself.
- Have had time to do at least 8 meditation sessions to check whether mindfulness meditation suits you.
If you aren’t really confident and motivated by what you’ve done so far, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and organise your refund.
Enrol in The Wisdom-Mind Foundations Programme Today
A One-Time Payment Of £165.
I’ve not experienced noticeable or big results when I’ve meditated before. Why will this programme be any different?
Following a meditation on YouTube or on an app is one thing. Going through a structured and fully supported programme, with access to a well-trained and experienced teacher, is another. Here’s why doing this programme will be different:
• With each and every meditation I’ll tell you what to expect and how to manage distractions.
• If your meditation time has previously broken up your meditation with thoughts like “you ought to get on with your Things-To-Do-List”, I’ll explain how to handle it.
• If you’ve given up because quieting your mind feels like it’s taking too long, the Wisdom-Mind meditations are designed to relax your mind in a step-by-step way and you’ll know what to look out for so you feel confident the calming down process is happening.
To begin with the quiet times will be short, that’s normal. Quietness is a new experience for your mind so you will stumble and fumble about a bit. But with my reassurance and regular practice, quietness gets easier and lasts longer.
I’ve never meditated before. Is this going to be too advanced for me?
No, this will be perfect for you. I’ve designed the programme with complete beginners in mind.
• The first module gives you an easy introduction to your first meditation, then each one after that adds in one simple layer to what you’re doing.
• There’s plenty of time built into the course to get comfortable with the meditations and the mindfulness as well.
• If you have any hiccups, you can email me, or we’ve got the four Zooms sprinkled through the programme where we can talk through your experiences and what they mean.
I’ve already been meditating awhile. Will I get anything out of this programme?
That depends on the answers to the following 3 questions:
Do you know what you’re doing and why when you meditate?
The Wisdom-Mind programme explains in layman’s terms why you are doing a particular meditation and what to expect in terms of outcomes and experiences.
It takes you through a graduated series of mindfulness skills so you know which ones to use and how to use them when you need:
• To counteract feeling distracted, zoned out or foggy.
• Support to keep your mind calmer, no matter what stressful situations are thrown your way.
What you’re doing throughout this course is training your mind, so you direct how it responds to stress, rather than feeling helpless as you’re swept along by your thoughts. If this level of knowledge would be useful to you, come and join us.
Would you find it helpful to have access to an experienced teacher of Mindfulness Meditation? That’s me 😊.
My own training in how to meditate – ‘The Progressive Stages of Meditation’, was approved by the British Wheel of Yoga. This Buddhist approach is about training your mind to naturally be more compassionate and at ease, but without having to become a practising Buddhist.
This way of meditating has two thousand years of experience behind it. It’s packed full of pragmatic common sense and realistic ways to put stress, anxiety, depression into perspective and thereby reduce its effects.
This straight-forward approach is what you’ll experience on the Wisdom-Mind course (I don’t take the woo-woo view way of seeing things).
Don’t forget there’s the 14-day guarantee as well. If you do the first two modules and realise this course isn’t for you, you will get a full refund.
Do you need to have a kick start to get back into a meditation routine?
Having a structured practice to follow as well as weekly reminder emails are a great help in getting back on track with the meditation practice you wished you had. This is what you’ll get on the course.
Is there anyone who shouldn’t meditate?
People with trauma should approach it carefully (it’s still OK to do it).
The recommendation from Associate Professor Sarah Lazar from Harvard Medical School (who studies the Neuroscience of meditation) is to start with 5-10 mins long sessions. Do this along with the support of a mental health professional and a meditation teacher experienced in working with people who’ve had trauma.
On this basis, if you have experienced trauma, this course may not be suitable for you as you may need more personalised support than I can give you.
My mind naturally runs a mile-a-minute, slowing down is hard and sitting still is even harder. Should I even start this programme?
If you’re ready to learn how to slow down and relax, then the Wisdom-Mind programme is perfect for you.
• Your first meditations take into account that you don’t yet know how to unwind tension and calm down.
• They incorporate sequences of movement and stillness that are simple to do and that gently encourage your mind to join in.
• This means you get a pleasant guided introduction and a peek at how easy it is to slow down when you know what you’re doing.
Once you’ve experienced how lovely this feels, slowing down and stillness will never feel hard, awkward or scary again.
I’m not sure I’m ready, don’t I need to be in the right place and feeling good enough before I start meditating?
We all have to deal with difficult, hard stuff in our lives. That will never change as there are many forces in the world over which we have absolutely no control.
But you do have the power to control how you respond to those forces, using the mindfulness meditation Wisdom-Mind teaches you.
When you’re a regular meditator, you’ll have a mental place of refuge to take a breather, relax and unwind in. A space in which to change how you feel.
Here’s a taster of what I mean:
• Step back from the feeling of ‘not ready yet’ and imagine your chilled-out self. Then ask yourself these questions:
1) What situations and circumstances would be easier to handle if you felt less overwhelmed?
2) Who would feel much better (less worried, less helpless), if they saw you were much less stressed?
3) How would you feel if you could detect when a worry or self-doubt were about to start growing? Then at that moment when its energy is tiny and easy to manipulate, you were able to soothe it away or re-direct these feelings into positive action?
The Wisdom-Mind Meditation course is designed to support and help you with all of this.
Wherever you are and whatever is going on in your life, over the next 6 months this course is designed to take you out of feeling stuck in a negative spiral.
• In gentle steps, instead of feeling exhausted or like you’ve taken on too much, you’ll gradually build up your energy.
• At the same time, you’ll feel your mind slowing down from a perpetual all-out sprint or at the other end of the spectrum, gradually lifting the fog.
• Either way, clarity of thinking will be easing into place, so problems shrink down and become easier to sort out.
Are you expecting meditation to be ‘thinking absolutely nothing’ and it’s never felt like that for you?
Then what you’ve experienced is absolutely correct!
• Thoughts will always arise in your mind, even as an experienced meditator.
• Instead, what you’ll come to understand and be able to do, is notice your thoughts arising, passing through and letting them go.
What will naturally arise at this stage (without you having to make any effort at all), is a clear, spacious feeling in your mind. This is the ‘nothingness’ experience you may have heard of.
How much time will this course take each week?
I know you’ve got a big list of things to do, so I’ve designed the course with busy people like you in mind.
• Each module is divided up into short, easily digestible videos. If you watch them all back-to-back, on average that would take about an hour or just over. If you prefer to watch and learn in shorter bursts that works too.
• As for the actual meditations, once you’re familiar with what to do, these take about 15 mins per session.
• When it comes to Bank Holidays and your own holidays, I’ll explain how you plan your meditations around these and then get back to a regular meditation routine afterwards.
Do I need any special equipment or clothing? Or to sit in a weird position?
All the meditations are done in a chair. Kit-wise all you need is this chair and maybe some cushions, or folded up blankets to get you comfortable.
• To do the Wisdom-Mind course you need an internet speed that lets you watch on-line videos and download then listen to the audio version of the meditations using your laptop, tablet or phone.
• Clothing-wise, just wear whatever it is you’re wearing whenever it’s your meditation time. Night gear, work gear, exercise gear, it doesn’t matter so long as you’re comfortable.
• If you find sitting in a chair uncomfortable, I’ll explain other positions to meditate in, and that doesn’t include having to tie your legs up like a pretzel!
The programme includes downloadable PDF documents that you can either store and read electronically or you may want to print them out.
If you don’t have a printer, reply to one of the Monday Mindfulness emails I’ll be sending you and ask for printed copies to be sent to you.
There will be a charge for printing, package and postage and the full set of PDFs will be sent out once the 14-day guarantee period has passed.
As this course is online, do I need any special technology or apps?
No, all you need is the internet speed that enables you to watch videos and listen to audios with your laptop, tablet or phone.
When we’re having a Zoom meeting, I’ll email you a link to join in, so you don’t need to subscribe to Zoom yourself.
When I join the Wisdom-Mind programme, will I be getting immediate access to all the lessons and modules?
No, because I don’t want you to drown in information or feel too paralysed to start!
The first modules come out once a week, every Monday. The later modules come out roughly once a month. I’ll be emailing you every single Monday, so you know when new modules are available and what you need to do that week!
I’m not really comfortable with silence, do your meditations include music?
The Wisdom-Mind meditations don’t include music as this is an intensely personal thing.
When I’m not talking and guiding you through what to do in your meditation, the gentle ticking of a grandfather clock will be in the background.
Will I have a spiritual experience?
Possibly. If you feel like you’re something is missing from your life, but you’re not sure what it is, meditation gives you an opportunity to discover the answer.
• As you progress through the Wisdom-Mind course you’ll start to notice certain things (habits, relationships, old belief systems), that you don’t want or need anymore. You can start letting them go.
• Having these realisations or insights can feel like an intense revelation or a gentler ‘ah-ha’ moment. Both may have the sense of spiritual revelation about them.
These are great experiences to have, but are not vital to your progression.
• What’s more important is realising you can change how you act, think and feel and then putting that realisation into action.
• We will be investigating these areas during the course and I’ll be sharing information to guide you and mindfulness techniques to help you navigate this comfortably.
Just to be clear, when you’re doing the Wisdom-Mind Programme, you’re not learning about or following a religion, even though this method is based in Buddhist meditation methodology.
There’s more to say about enlightenment, but this will be easier to explain at the end of the programme once you’ve had experience of calming your mind and the sense of spaciousness between your thoughts.
Enrol in The Wisdom-Mind Foundations Programme Today
A One-Time Payment Of £165.
Still thinking about it?
You should give the Foundations Programme
a 14-day risk-free shot if this sounds like you.
Instead of lying awake at night, counting sheep or counting backwards from ten or a hundred, you want to be able to switch off and get a decent number of hours kip!
Whether stress, anxiety and exhaustion have been messing with you too long, or you’re struggling to hold your temper and remain patient with a hard-to-cope-with family member, you KNOW you need to escape.
Even if that escape time is short in duration, you still need some time out of the loop to get your energy and motivation together. You desperately want to stop the never-ending cycle of negative thoughts and get your equilibrium back.
More importantly, you’d prefer to stop trying to trick or force yourself to feel better. You’re seriously fed-up with feeling guilty, ashamed and being damn cross with yourself. You just want to be free and happy…
Meditation has a great reputation for improving mental health and wellness. This is why you’re eager and enthusiastic to use meditation and mindfulness methods that have clearly perceptible results.
I cannot wait to guide you over these next 7 weeks….
Becoming a meditator has literally transformed my life.
I’ve experienced first-hand what it’s like to struggle with feeling anxiety, alternating with anger and depression.
When I reached my Forties, I knew I couldn’t carry on as I was. I absolutely had to change how I thought, felt and reacted. In my mind, I visualised myself turning round 180 degrees and by doing that transforming into a different person. With my previous training and experience as a yoga teacher, I knew meditation was what I needed.
If you’re fed up with anxiety and low mood and know it’s important to take some care of yourself, now is the time to stop the overthinking habit and have more patience with yourself, more self-control and more energy.
You owe it to yourself to at least take a risk-free plunge to see what your life as a meditator looks like.
In the first 14 days, experience first-hand:
• Physically letting go of tension and feeling relaxed.
• Pressing ‘pause’ on your thoughts and enjoying a peaceful mind for a few moments, knowing you’ll be learning how to extend that into longer and longer periods.
• Getting a glimpse of what can be achieved with more time, practice and support.
Should you choose to accept my invitation and complete the course, you’ll get a lot from it. The next 7-weeks will be a life enhancing experience.
I look forward to meeting you inside the Wisdom-Mind Foundations Programme.
Best wishes, Annya